by Charles S. Oaxpatu
Trumpsman Video Is Just One More Big Crack in the Trump Image
You have probably already seen The Trumpsman video clip that is pervading the daily news today. This is a technically well-done video clip that shows President Donald J. Trump knifing and shooting members of the news media and other people he despises. Sadly, the setting for this imaginary mass murder is a small country church.
The television (TV) news outlets I have seen today are refusing to show this video clip or excerpts from it on their broadcasts. According to various TV news reports, this video clip was first screened at the Trump-supporting American Priority Festival held last week at the Trump National Doral Resort in Miami, Florida. If you have not seen this wild video so far, you may watch it by clicking on the following safe link:
Apparently, the Trump supporters who made and/or sponsored the above video clip thought it would be amusing. They thought it would make people laugh. Others would no doubt embrace it as a steam-relief valve for their anger over investigations into the Trump administration.
Nothing is funny about this video clip, and I am not laughing at it. No matter what the creator’s original intentions might have been, some Trumpites will see this video clip as nothing less than a national open invitation to physically attack and/or kill members of the news media. In my personal opinion, this video is the equivalent of yelling “FIRE!!!!” in a crowded theater when there is no fire.
I have always been a strong supporter of the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution and the freedom of speech and expression it offers to all American citizens. However, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled long ago that such rights are not absolute. This is precisely why it is illegal to yell “Fire!!!!” in a crowded theater.
Here are a few more points:
(1) Trump’s so-called fake news is not fake news. It is both fact and truth printed and broadcast by people who received undergraduate and graduate degrees in journalism from American universities. Each and every day in their jobs, they follow the ethics and truth guidelines they were taught in their journalism classes—the journalism equivalents of the famous Hippocratic Oath in medicine.
(2) The term fake news is a clever propaganda device used by President Trump and many of his dishonest henchmen and henchwomen at various levels in his administration and in the New Republican Party, which is comprised of many right wing extremists. The term fake news is a perfect example of the BIG LIE concept Dr. Joseph Goebbels developed and implemented for the German Nazi Party. Goebbels was also a right wing extremist. The following photograph shows him in all of his dark-hearted glory:
Please click on the following safe link to read a master list of the propaganda principles Dr. Goebbels developed and applied. Read this list carefully and decide how many of these principles are being used by President Trump, his spokesmen, and his spokeswomen:
(3) Many of the American and worldwide journalists who cover the Trump administration live in various degrees of day-to-day fear from Trump supporters (Trumpites), especially at his large political rallies. These Trumpites scream obscenities at reporters, flip the old middle finger at reporters, and even threaten reporters with bodily harm.
(4) Christian Fundamentalists and Conservative Evangelicals love lies and gulp them down like starving dogs. Why? Their churches and preachers have brainwashed and behaviorally conditioned them to reject facts as a matter of faith. They are taught to believe that many truths are lies and many lies are truths. This is why they suck so hard on the tits of Fox News, so their Biblical itching ears can be comforted with all of the lies and distortions of truth they most want to hear. They run from real facts and authentic truth like rats fleeing a burning ship.
(5) President Trump and his many Trumpites hate any news reporter who tells the truth about Fearless Leader, but they hate some reporters far more than others. For example, they really despise Jim Acosta at CNN.
In the above video clip, Trump waits until the very end to impale the head of the CNN reporter with a long rod. It is the final violent icing on their video cake. I suspect that particular victim is meant to represent Mr. Acosta, who knows all about government lies and tyranny. His dad (then 11 years old) escaped from Fidel Castro’s Cuba only a few days before the Cuban Missile Crisis began in 1962:
That is such a shame too. Jim Acosta is a really nice guy and one of the best White House reporters at CNN. When Wolf Blitzer must miss work, he often taps Jim Acosta to fill in for him on The Situation Room, which is CNN’s network-to-network, competitive 5:00 – 7:00 p.m. EDT news broadcast. Wolf chooses the best to fill in for him. I like Jim too—very much.
Image Credit: Tim O’Brien for The Village Voice